View Single Post
Unread 03-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #6
lautinjr
Now accepting bribes.

Rep: 193 lautinjr has a spectacular aura aboutlautinjr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofunater View Post
There aren't to many out there, simply because they don't perform anywhere near as well as a small sealed enclosure with a compact sub, like Kicker's Comp VT line or JL's and Pioneers similar compact offerings. These subs can be installed in such small enclosures that you can hide them just about anywhere, and still get excellent bass response.
If your dead set though on free air style, the only dependable one left that I can suggest is this one--> http://www.bizbooz.com/kicker-04ssmb...rs-8-inch.html
Be prepared to heavily insulate your door panels though, or youre gonna have all kinds of annoying resonance issues.
Rep+. i am set on them because i'm extremly limited on space already and the factory set up uses 2 6.5" ones on the rear deck. I want to keep it like factory just louder. I do agree it won't be as well performing but I just need enough bass to back up the music not wake the nieghbors. The ones you suggested look ok but I'm going to try to find something nicer.

lautinjr is offline lautinjr's Gallery