View Single Post
Unread 08-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
S D
Veteran Member

Rep: 64 S D will become famous soon enough

I do understand why the cruze is such a popular car. I test drove a brand new 2012 6 speed manual ECO model with 8 miles on the clock a month or so back.

The best feature was the trans that shifted smooth as butter. Not kidding about that either, drive a 6MT 1.4T model once. The shifting action is amazing. The clutch travel/action is pretty sweet too.

The ride, handling, and overall quality were all top notch. The interior was nice but a bit cramped for me being 6'3''. On the highway this car had a smoother ride than the 05 Cadillac Deville I test drove. The Cadillac wins for interior room though.

If there is one thing I wish I could take from that car and put to use on one of my own it would be that sweet shifting 6MT gearbox. Too bad the car is front wheel drive. If it was RWD I would likely have one in my driveway right now.

Think about it - Four doors, sub 3K lbs, affordable, turbocharged, 6 speed, rwd. My dream production car - And it will never be built as almost all cars are moving to FWD.

S D is offline S D's Gallery