- Car Forums, Automotive News and Community
Home Gallery Register Calendar Members List

Go Back - Car Forums, Automotive News and Community > General Car Discussion > General Automotive Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 05-11-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
New Member
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
Rep: 10 jasonbricks is on a distinguished road
Default What kind of insurance covers car burglary?

My car got broken into. They stole my laptop and other things. I have comprehensive car insurance from Progressive, but they said it covers only damage to the car and not my belongings inside the car. If that is the case, what kind of insurance covers stuff inside the car? Home owner's insurance or renter's insurance?

jasonbricks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2011, 11:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Mr Car Guy's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada
Posts: 2,052
Rep: 186 Mr Car Guy has a spectacular aura aboutMr Car Guy has a spectacular aura about

Your home owner's/renter's insurance "may" cover it, but that could be an extra premium. Of course you would have to pay the deductible and decide whether of not the increase in your premiums would be worth the loss.
2003 GMC Envoy 5.3

Mr Car Guy is offline Mr Car Guy's Gallery  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.

Shogun Interactive Development Copyright 2015 Shogun Interactive Development. All rights reserved.