CarForum.net - Car Forums, Automotive News and Community
Home Gallery Register Calendar Members List

Go Back   CarForum.net - Car Forums, Automotive News and Community > General Car Discussion > General Automotive Discussion

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 10-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
zu903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 103
Rep: 10 zu903 is on a distinguished road
Default Are Mitsubishis good cars ?

I really like the look of the 3000GT but i have read allot of bad things about them are they good cars or do they suck.

zu903 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member
 
Mr Car Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada
Posts: 2,052
Rep: 186 Mr Car Guy has a spectacular aura aboutMr Car Guy has a spectacular aura about
Default

They are a lot of fun until they break.

Expensive and hard to find parts at times.

A thrill for sure but you pay for it.
__________________
2003 GMC Envoy 5.3

Mr Car Guy is offline Mr Car Guy's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #3
Now accepting bribes.
 
lautinjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currently Las Vegas
Posts: 4,311
Rep: 193 lautinjr has a spectacular aura aboutlautinjr has a spectacular aura about
Default

and you have to watch the oil burning

lautinjr is offline lautinjr's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2008, 10:20 PM   #4
Community Director
 
Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 7,603
Rep: 153 Mike has a spectacular aura aboutMike has a spectacular aura about
Default

I think they're like Hondas. Get a good one, it'll be loads of fun forever. Get a bad one, it'll be toast in a year. Just do'nt let them go to pot like lots of people do. Keep the sucker up.
__________________
"He shouted: 'You've won! Didn't you know?' I didn't, and it's about the nicest thing I've ever been told" -Bruce McLaren, 1968 Belgian Grand Prix
Read the rules! | DO NOT REPLY TO SPAM
2009 Pontiac G8 GT - 6.0L, 6AT - 95k miles | 1994 Chevy Blazer K5 - 350, 5MT - 140k miles | 2006 Mazda 3 S sedan - 2.3L, 5MT - 130k miles
Wife's Car: 2013 Chevy Volt - 70k miles
Bikes: 1979 Yamaha XS 750 | 1985 Honda Sabre 700

Mike is offline Mike's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2008, 10:23 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
zu903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 103
Rep: 10 zu903 is on a distinguished road
Default

so the main thing would be maintenance. also how much more are the parts like on average. and is the 3000GT a nice car there are some cheap ones on CL. i like mustangs but insurance would kill me also every one has one.

zu903 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2008, 11:48 PM   #6
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 741
Rep: 72 StreetRacingTechno will become famous soon enough
Default

The 3000GT is a nice car but it is one heavy pig. Like someone said above, they can be problematic and expensive when it comes to repairing them. Despite being quite heavy they are reasonably quick.

StreetRacingTechno is offline StreetRacingTechno's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 01:31 AM   #7
Boosted Audiophile
 
pbasil1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: N. AL
Posts: 2,627
Rep: 202 pbasil1 has a spectacular aura aboutpbasil1 has a spectacular aura aboutpbasil1 has a spectacular aura about
Default

In a nut shell yes. But like any manufacturer out there, it has its good and their bad... I will always have love for the diamond company simply for the EVO. Hands down one of the greatest imports ever. They sure arent popular over here in the states, but over in japan, they are crazy about them....
__________________
2012 Lancer Evolution GSR
2010 Mazda CX-7 - The wife's car
1995 Taurus GL - Daily Diver
1991 Supra 1JZ - Sold (regretfully)

"Its worse than porn...at least I can get a girl...no way I can get that car. lol" -Gandalf
ONEPerformance

pbasil1 is offline pbasil1's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 07:45 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
zu903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 103
Rep: 10 zu903 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Car Guy View Post
They are a lot of fun until they break.

Expensive and hard to find parts at times.

A thrill for sure but you pay for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lautinjr View Post
and you have to watch the oil burning
Quote:
Originally Posted by wierdo124 View Post
I think they're like Hondas. Get a good one, it'll be loads of fun forever. Get a bad one, it'll be toast in a year. Just do'nt let them go to pot like lots of people do. Keep the sucker up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetRacingTechno View Post
The 3000GT is a nice car but it is one heavy pig. Like someone said above, they can be problematic and expensive when it comes to repairing them. Despite being quite heavy they are reasonably quick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbasil1 View Post
In a nut shell yes. But like any manufacturer out there, it has its good and their bad... I will always have love for the diamond company simply for the EVO. Hands down one of the greatest imports ever. They sure arent popular over here in the states, but over in japan, they are crazy about them....
thanks so it sound like any other car there are bads and goods.

zu903 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 04:04 PM   #9
Veteran Member
 
Mr Car Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada
Posts: 2,052
Rep: 186 Mr Car Guy has a spectacular aura aboutMr Car Guy has a spectacular aura about
Default

If you have the money to spend on repairs and don't care about downtime, go for it. But it will cost you lots of money to keep it going.

Yes all cars have their good and bad, but many have much more good than this.

If you are looking for a thrill, find a Toyota Supra Turbo. These are still heavy cars, but with a much better track record. Yes they don't have AWD or All wheel steering, but you WILL pay dearly for these in a GT3000. Don't underestimate the repairs to these cars, their is a reason that you are finding good deals on these cars, the owners are trying to unload them!
__________________
2003 GMC Envoy 5.3

Mr Car Guy is offline Mr Car Guy's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 04:52 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
zu903's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 103
Rep: 10 zu903 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Car Guy View Post
If you have the money to spend on repairs and don't care about downtime, go for it. But it will cost you lots of money to keep it going.

Yes all cars have their good and bad, but many have much more good than this.

If you are looking for a thrill, find a Toyota Supra Turbo. These are still heavy cars, but with a much better track record. Yes they don't have AWD or All wheel steering, but you WILL pay dearly for these in a GT3000. Don't underestimate the repairs to these cars, their is a reason that you are finding good deals on these cars, the owners are trying to unload them!
thanks what about the Pontiac firebird i saw some newer ones that looked like the 3000GT and my moms friend owns a Pontiac dealership so i could get a good deal are they good.

zu903 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.

Shogun Interactive Development Copyright 2015 Shogun Interactive Development. All rights reserved.