CarForum.net - Car Forums, Automotive News and Community
Home Gallery Register Calendar Members List

Go Back   CarForum.net - Car Forums, Automotive News and Community > General Car Discussion > General Automotive Discussion

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread 11-23-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
Now accepting bribes.
 
lautinjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currently Las Vegas
Posts: 4,311
Rep: 193 lautinjr has a spectacular aura aboutlautinjr has a spectacular aura about
Default Fell in Love with a Pontiac

I can't get this Bonneville off my mind it was a 2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP fully loaded with a 4.6L Northstar motor. I never knew this car existed till a guy brought one by for some GM work. I want it desperatly it really impressed me.
__________________
Please help reduce our mini van population and wear condoms!

lautinjr is offline lautinjr's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
BULLATTACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 452
Rep: 48 BULLATTACK is on a distinguished road
Default

They just look so slick. How does it drive though?

__________________

Pontiac Club

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - Custom intake 9" K&N Cone, 3" ZZP SS Catted Downpipe, ZZP Shift Kit
Audio - two Infinity Kappa 52.9i, two Infinity Kappa 693.9i, JL Audio J2 320.4 4x80w

BULLATTACK is offline BULLATTACK's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
Now accepting bribes.
 
lautinjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currently Las Vegas
Posts: 4,311
Rep: 193 lautinjr has a spectacular aura aboutlautinjr has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLATTACK View Post
They just look so slick. How does it drive though?

I didn't get to drive it but I'm sure it's similar to a Cadillac Seville or Deville being both W-body cars with the same drive train.
__________________
Please help reduce our mini van population and wear condoms!

lautinjr is offline lautinjr's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #4
Stickers add HP brah
 
TwIsTeDbOi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arooooouuuuuunnnnnddd
Posts: 1,259
Rep: 39 TwIsTeDbOi is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lautinjr View Post
Fell in Love with a Pontiac
Does your wife know?
__________________
Quote:
You can't compare German cars to Japanese cars. That's like comparing apples to herpes.
Cheap. Reliable. Fast. In the car world, you can only choose two of those.
2014 Raptor Race Red 801A


TwIsTeDbOi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
It's Simple
 
Raptor22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chico, California
Posts: 2,555
Rep: 64 Raptor22 will become famous soon enough
Default

Sounds like epic torquesteer to me, plus it has the Northstar engine which is an epic ***** to work on...

If I wanted a V8 powered front wheel drive car, id get this:



2001 Lincoln Continental
4.6L 32V DOHC Modular V8 (same as Mustang Cobra,with 275hp/275tq)

Could be made into a super sleeper so easily...
__________________
Its an MN-12 thing... you wouldnt understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McRae
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers."
[1989 Ford Blunderbird / 1985 Ford Conestoga Ox-Cart 4x4 / 2004 Ford Fairmont GT]

Raptor22 is offline Raptor22's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 03:54 PM   #6
Now accepting bribes.
 
lautinjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currently Las Vegas
Posts: 4,311
Rep: 193 lautinjr has a spectacular aura aboutlautinjr has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor22 View Post
Sounds like epic torquesteer to me, plus it has the Northstar engine which is an epic ***** to work on...

If I wanted a V8 powered front wheel drive car, id get this:



2001 Lincoln Continental
4.6L 32V DOHC Modular V8 (same as Mustang Cobra,with 275hp/275tq)

Could be made into a super sleeper so easily...
All I think of seeing that is Epic dragging trunk on ground syndrome seeing as the air suspension usually gives out and never gets fixed. the Northstar is a incredibly easy engine to work on much easier then a 4.6L modular modor side ways. As the starter is right up top and plugs are right in the middle of the valve covers. Hell even the waterpump can be done in a half hour as it's right on the driver side of the motor. The Northstar is a fantastic motor if properly maintained it just most older ones were not maintained properly and didn't fair well. People seem to have a problem with buying a Cadillac and using Synthetic oil with premium gas I mean it's a Cadillac use theright stuff or buy a Honda. The only done side with the entire Northstar in a W-body package is the AC compressor requires lowering the front subframe bolts 2 inches to remove and I've done that hundreds of times. It's also a easy motor to mod just doesn't have a large following but even GM offered a sports model that netted 320HP with just intake, exhaust and retune. My old Cadillac averaged 28mpg with it's Northstar and I bet this motor could do better easily. I would love to get rid of the Jeep for this car.
__________________
Please help reduce our mini van population and wear condoms!

lautinjr is offline lautinjr's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 04:36 PM   #7
It's Simple
 
Raptor22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chico, California
Posts: 2,555
Rep: 64 Raptor22 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lautinjr View Post
All I think of seeing that is Epic dragging trunk on ground syndrome seeing as the air suspension usually gives out and never gets fixed. the Northstar is a incredibly easy engine to work on much easier then a 4.6L modular modor side ways. As the starter is right up top and plugs are right in the middle of the valve covers. Hell even the waterpump can be done in a half hour as it's right on the driver side of the motor. The Northstar is a fantastic motor if properly maintained it just most older ones were not maintained properly and didn't fair well. People seem to have a problem with buying a Cadillac and using Synthetic oil with premium gas I mean it's a Cadillac use theright stuff or buy a Honda. The only done side with the entire Northstar in a W-body package is the AC compressor requires lowering the front subframe bolts 2 inches to remove and I've done that hundreds of times. It's also a easy motor to mod just doesn't have a large following but even GM offered a sports model that netted 320HP with just intake, exhaust and retune. My old Cadillac averaged 28mpg with it's Northstar and I bet this motor could do better easily. I would love to get rid of the Jeep for this car.
Meh, if I was getting a sports sedan I would at least want a sporty sedan...
__________________
Its an MN-12 thing... you wouldnt understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McRae
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers."
[1989 Ford Blunderbird / 1985 Ford Conestoga Ox-Cart 4x4 / 2004 Ford Fairmont GT]

Raptor22 is offline Raptor22's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
Now accepting bribes.
 
lautinjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currently Las Vegas
Posts: 4,311
Rep: 193 lautinjr has a spectacular aura aboutlautinjr has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor22 View Post
Meh, if I was getting a sports sedan I would at least want a sporty sedan...
I'm sorry you think that is sporty my grandpa wouldnt be caught driving a continental.nothing about that car says sporty everything about the gxp does.
__________________
Please help reduce our mini van population and wear condoms!

lautinjr is offline lautinjr's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 06:26 PM   #9
Stickers add HP brah
 
TwIsTeDbOi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arooooouuuuuunnnnnddd
Posts: 1,259
Rep: 39 TwIsTeDbOi is on a distinguished road
Default

That Continental SCREAMS old fart. If I wanted "sporty" in a family sedan, I wouldn't think twice about getting a Grand Prix/Bonneville GXP. Hell, I'd get a new Impala SS before the Continental.
__________________
Quote:
You can't compare German cars to Japanese cars. That's like comparing apples to herpes.
Cheap. Reliable. Fast. In the car world, you can only choose two of those.
2014 Raptor Race Red 801A


TwIsTeDbOi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 06:36 PM   #10
Community Director
 
Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 7,602
Rep: 153 Mike has a spectacular aura aboutMike has a spectacular aura about
Default

^agreed.

My sister owns a Bonneville, and i can honestly say it's the most comfortable vehicle i've ever sat in. I'm 6'4 by the way. I've sat in many a Crown Vic, Lincoln Towncar, Navigator, etc...this thing is just incredibly comfortable.


I love Northstars too.
__________________
"He shouted: 'You've won! Didn't you know?' I didn't, and it's about the nicest thing I've ever been told" -Bruce McLaren, 1968 Belgian Grand Prix
Read the rules! | DO NOT REPLY TO SPAM
2009 Pontiac G8 GT - 6.0L, 6AT - 95k miles | 1994 Chevy Blazer K5 - 350, 5MT - 140k miles | 2006 Mazda 3 S sedan - 2.3L, 5MT - 130k miles
Wife's Car: 2013 Chevy Volt - 70k miles
Bikes: 1979 Yamaha XS 750 | 1985 Honda Sabre 700


Mike is offline Mike's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 AM.

Shogun Interactive Development Copyright 2015 Shogun Interactive Development. All rights reserved.